Document Control Software
The isoTracker Document Control module provides automated version control, approval workflow, restrictive access, review reminders, archiving and a full audit history.
Using the module, you can:
- speed up the review and approval workflow processes, with documents moving from one step to the next automatically
- restrict access to documents on the basis of functional, geographic or “need to know” requirements
- provide up-to-date data on document status, with readily available performance metrics
- reduce compliance costs through electronic signatures, revision control and audit trails.
The Document Control module can be used as a standalone product. Alternatively, it can be seamlessly integrated with one or more other isoTracker quality management modules.
Why is automated document control important?
- Document control is an essential part of any organization’s quality management or compliance system.
- For modern organizations, a manual or paper-based process for managing policies and documents is time-consuming, costly and prone to mistakes and security breaches.
- Traditional, onsite software also has disadvantages. It can be expensive and time-consuming to implement. It can also result in a fragmented, inefficient system, in which different components can’t interoperate.
- Our web-based Document Control module is a convenient solution. It provides a central document repository, integrated workflow tools, automated notifications and integrated analytics and reports.
- It also offers a secure structure where access to documents can be restricted and data can be protected through encryption and regular backups.
A central online repository for documents
- Supports uploading of individual documents and bulk uploads
- Supports document searches using keywords and document classifications
- Makes it possible to view documents online, from anywhere in the world.
Full document activity history
- Provides complete, automated version control
- Tracks and records all revisions, approvals and change requests
- Records details of who performs each activity, with the date and time.
Automated workflow management
- Automatically moves documents from one step to the next in your workflow
- Lets you create workflow rules based on document types
- Supports sequential and non-sequential approval process rules
- Enables scheduling of delayed publishing, for after approval
- Lets you schedule automatic reminders to review documents.
Secure archiving of documents
- Automatically archives old versions of documents
- Maintains a record of all historical document-related data for internal and external audits
Advanced document security
- Encryption of all documents on servers and during transit
- Daily backups to servers in a different geographical location
- Support for permission-based access control based on groups, departments, locations or other criteria.
Automatic task notifications and records of incomplete tasks
- Automated email notifications for ensuring tasks are completed on time
- Ability to identify any outstanding tasks by employee, document or task name.
Fast and easy implementation
- Set your system up within minutes
- We will, of course, help you but you can easily do it without us.
A central office with improved access and consistency
- Store all your documents in one secure location with encryption and daily backups
- Access documents consistently from anywhere in the world
- Follow consistent workflow processes throughout your organization.
Faster, more efficient reviews and approvals
- Automate document review and approval processes
- Provide approvers with automated, task-based email notifications
- Quickly track and follow up on outstanding reviews and approvals.
Document version control
- Ensure that only the latest, approved versions are used across the organization
- Easily archive older versions of documents and restrict access to approved staff members.
Achieve standards compliance
- Effortlessly comply with the requirements of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO/TS 16949, ISO 22000 and ISO 45001