Corrective Action (CAPA) Software
isoTracker’s CAPA software capabilities are integrated in our other quality management modules, including our Complaints Management, Audit Management, Training, and Non-Conformance Management software.
isoTracker CAPA Software Benefits
Corrective action is action taken to identify and eliminate the cause of a problem or non-conformity.
Accordingly, corrective action plans depend on processes such as recording complaints; identifying and managing non-conformances; and root cause analysis.
The main goal of corrective action is to prevent a problem from recurring.
Preventive action is more proactive. Its purpose is to prevent a problem from occurring (or having an impact) in the first place.
Corrective and preventive action (CAPA) is a vital aspect of quality management. It’s also important for ensuring compliance with quality standards.
With effective CAPA processes, you can:
- resolve quality issues
- improve customer satisfaction
- ensure compliance with standards and regulatory requirements
- identify and implement improvements
- adopt a consistent approach across the organization.
Our CAPA software modules make it easy to record and track non-conformances, root causes, and corrective actions.
With the relevant module, you can include general non-conformances; non-conforming audit items; complaints; or – with the Training module – failed test questions or survey questions.
Automated workflows, notifications, and task reminders ensure that corrective actions are fully implemented.
Real-time data and analytics help in identifying trends, effectiveness, and areas for improvement.
The software is designed to be effective and affordable for small to medium-sized businesses. See our range of pricing options.
Key features of our CAPA software:
- consistent, central recordkeeping
- easily and consistently identify and record non-conformances, root causes, and corrective actions
- automated management of corrective and preventive actions
- assign corrective action tasks, with deadlines, to the responsible individuals or groups
- send automated task notifications and reminders
- use workflows to automate processes and ensure no step is missed
- advanced analytics and reporting
- access up-to-date analysis of non-conformances
- analyze historical data to spot trends, common origins, and the suitability of corrective measures
- simplify failure investigations, root cause analysis, and identification of areas for improvement
- use advanced reporting features to keep senior management and other stakeholders informed